Pokémon Go Community Days are exactly what the name implies — a way to get trainers out catching and raiding together. As an incentive, Pokémon Go is throwing in bonuses like extra XP, Stardust, faster egg hatching, lure modules that last three hours, and a special Pokémon with an exclusive move. All once a month, for three hours.
The June 2019 Community Day is focused on…Slakoth!
Get out and play together in your local community parks on Pokémon GO Community Day. For just a few hours each month, you can encounter a special Pokémon in the wild. During these hours, there’s a chance to learn a previously unavailable move for that Pokémon or its Evolution, as well as earn some Community Day bonuses. Celebrate what it means to be a part of the Pokémon GO community and make new friends along the way!
Note: Fast TMs and Charged TMs will not grant exclusive moves during Community Day. To learn the exclusive move, you must catch or evolve the featured Pokémon during Community Day hours.
Event Date + Time
- June 9, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. your local time
- Slakoth will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Shiny Slakoth will appear for the first time, and with a higher frequency than other shiny Pokemon for the duration of the event
- Any Slaking evolved from Vigoroth during the event hours will know an as-yet-unannounced exclusive move
- Special Field Research will appear related to Slakoth and its evolutions
- 1/4 egg hatching distance
- 3-hour lures
What is Pokémon Go Community Day?
It’s all part of Pokémon Go’s ongoing efforts to encourage players to get out, discover new places, and meet new people.
From Pokémon Go:
Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, we’ll host a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which will appear frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses will be in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
We’re constantly blown away by the passion of Pokémon GO players around the world, and we hope that each Pokémon GO Community Day will help add to the excitement of local events and meetups. Remember always to be alert and stay safe while playing and to be respectful of public spaces when exploring your community. Stay tuned to our social media channels and check out the Pokémon GO Community Day event page each month to learn about that month’s featured Pokémon, special bonuses, and event times.
What were the previous Pokémon Go Community Days?
Starting with the most recent one and working our way back, here’s what Pokémon Go has offered for the previous Community Days.
- May 19th, 2019: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Torchic, which you could evolve into Blaziken with Blast Burn, the Shiny Torchic family, and 3x catch Stardust and 3-hour Lure Modules.
- April 13th, 2019: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Bagon, which you could evolve into Salamence with Outrage, the Shiny Bagon family, and 3x Capture EXP and 3-hour Lure Modules.
- March 23, 2019: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Treeko, which you could evolve into Sceptile with Frenzy Plant, the Shiny Treeko family, and 25% egg distance and 3-hour Lure Modules.
- February 16, 2019: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Swinub, which you could evolve into Mamoswine with Ancient Power, the Shiny Swinub family, and 3x capture Stardust, guaranteed Sinnoh Stone rewards, 3-hour Lure Modules, and extra rewards from Trainer Battles.
- January 12th, 2019: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Totodile, which you could evolve into Feraligatr with Hydro Cannon, the Shiny Totodile family, and 25% egg distance and 3-hour Lure Modules.
- November 30 – December 3rd: Pokemon Go Community Weekend was a special year-end event featuring all previous Pokemon from Community Days past. The special Pokemon were available the entire weekend, with bonuses in a three hour window of 2x Catch Stardust, 2x Catch XP, 50% egg distance hatch speed, and 3 hour Lure Modules.
- November 10, 2018: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Cyndaquil, which you could evolve into Typhlosion with Blast Burn, the Shiny Cyndaquil family, and 2x catch XP and 2x Stardust.
- October 22, 2018: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Beldum, which you could evolve into Metagross with Meteor Mash, the Shiny Beldum family, and 1/4 egg hatching distance.
- September 22, 2018: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Chikorita, which you could evolve into Meganium with Frenzy Plant, the Shiny Chikorita family, and 3x XP for catches.
- August 11 & 12, 2018: Pokémon Go Community Day featured Eeevee with Last Resort, Shiny Eevee and the Eevee-lutions, and 3x Stardust for catches.
- July 8, 2018: Pokemon Go Community Day featured Gen 1 starter, Squirtle, which you could evolve into Blastoise with Hydro Cannon, the Shiny Squirtle family, Sunglasses Squitle, and 1/4 egg walking distance.
- June 16, 2018, Pokémon Go Community Day featured Gen 2’s, Larvitar, which you could evolve into Tyranitar with Smack Down, the Shiny Larvitar family, and 3x XP for catches.
- May 19, 2018, Pokémon Go Community Day featured the Gen 1 starter, Charmander, which you could evolve into Charizard with Blast Burn, the Shiny Charmander family, and 3x Stardust for catches.
- April 15, 2018, Pokémon Go Community Day featured Gen 2’s Mareep, which you could evolve into Ampharos with Dragon Pulse, the Shiny Mareep family, 1/4 walking distance for Eggs.
- March 15, 2018, Pokémon Go Community Day featured the Gen 1 starter, Bulbasaur. It also offered 3x XP bonuses for catches, 3-hour lures, the Shiny Bulbasaur family, and the ability to evolve a Venusaur with Frenzy Plant.
- February 24, 2018, Pokémon Go Community Day featured everyone’s favorite — and only! — base-level Gen 1 dragon-type: Dratini. It’ll also offered 3x Stardust on any Pokémon you caught in the wild, 3-hour lures, Shiny Dratini family, and the ability to evolve a Dragonite with Draco Meteor.
- January 20, 2018, Pokémon Go Community Day featured Pikachu with the unique Surf move. It also offered double XP on anything and everything, three-hour lures, and increased odds to catch Shiny Pikachu.