NINTENDO has revealed a fantastic ‘Happy New Year’ sale and there are some remarkably good titles to be found within. Here’s what you need to know.
Despite having already had a rather wonderful sale across hundreds of Nintendo Switch, Wii U, New Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS games over the Christmas period, Nintendo has announced even more savings to ring in the new year.
Nintendo of Europe earlier this week announced “up to 50% off” on Nintendo Switch games.
This is part of Nintendo’s ‘Happy New Year Sale’, which includes some of the very best exclusives to grace the handheld console since it’s launch.
Although if you’re hoping for discounts on Pokemon Let’s Go or Super Smash Bros Melee, sorry, not this time.
Most of the exclusives which have been discounted were released in year one, such as ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and more.
Although, they’re very much still some of the best games the console has to offer and well worth picking up if you passed over them originally.
Or, potentially, when they were still being sold at full price.
|Rocket League (Psyonix)||€9.99 / £7.50||-50%||Thu 17th Jan||€19.99 / £15.00|
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 coming THIS YEAR? New CoD shooter details revealed
- PS4 News: Sony PlayStation shock console announcement is more bad news for Microsoft Xbox
- PS5 Release Date News: Sony PlayStation 5 graphics reveal following EPIC Sony 8K showcase?
Dig deep enough into Nintendo’s New Year Sale and you’ll find plenty more games discounted.
Although from a quick glance there wasn’t too much worth naming specifically.
However, the real stand out discounts are those listed below:
- Rocket League (Psyonix) – €9.99 / £7.50 (normally €19.99 / £15.00)
- 1-2-Switch (Nintendo) – €34.99 / £27.99 (normally €49.99 / £39.99)
- ARMS (Nintendo) – €39.99 / £33.29 (normally €59.99 / £49.99)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) – €39.99 / £33.29 (normally €59.99 / £49.99)
- Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) – €39.99 / £33.29 (normally €59.99 / £49.99)
- Splatoon 2 + Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion – €55.98 / £47.58 (normally €79.98 / £67.98)
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! (Nintendo) – €13.99 / £12.59 (normally €19.99 / £17.99)
- Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion (Nintendo) – €15.99 / £14.39 (normally €19.99 / £17.99)
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together!: Plus Pack (Nintendo) – €6.99 / £6.29 (normally €9.99 / £8.99)
Splatoon 2 remains one of the best games on Switch and now its on sale (Pic: NINTENDO)
A new years sale for some of it’s greatest hits is a welcome way for Nintendo to kick start 2019.
And with 25 million Switch units rumoured to have been sold worldwide, many are predicting the console to go from strength to strength over the next 12 months.
Equally a new report from GamesIndustry.biz has compiled together serval industry analysts to predict what might happen over the forthcoming year.
What’s interesting is that most of the experts believe that Nintendo Switch will be the dominant force at the expense of both PS4 and Xbox One.
Piers Harding-Rolls of IHS Markit suggested that “Switch will be the best selling console in 2019″ whilst NPD Group’s Mat Piscatella suggested that in console hardware, Switch will leads the market.
“I have Switch achieving more than 35 share of hardware unit sales in the US in 2019, with Pokémon and continued strength of Nintendo’s evergreen franchises driving the performance.”
All in all, it’s looking like it’s going to be another very good year for Nintendo’s remarkable hybrid console.