Thanks to Amazon Prime Day and a global pandemic, holiday shopping is looking a little different this year. The online retailer’s big day of sales got the ball rolling in mid-October, and the deals haven’t stopped since. It all spells early savings for you, and way less of a Christmas crunch as you try to get your shopping in. If you have your list and you’re ready to check it twice, here are the best early Black Friday deals.
Stick with us, because we’re going to take you through all of the heavy hitters. Best Buy, Target, Amazon, and more are already rolling out their sales. Of course, it’s not Black Friday yet, so there’s plenty of time for these deals to change and get even better. Without further ado, let’s get shopping.
When is Black Friday 2020?
Officially, the event will be held on Friday, November 27. If you want to learn more about the history of the Black Friday event, head here.
What should I expect from the event this year?
As mentioned, brick-and-mortar stores, which have already seen smaller amounts of traffic over the last few years, will see even fewer shoppers for the event in 2020. That is due, of course, because the coronavirus threat will keep many people from going out at all. Therefore, online sales, which have been seeing explosive growth during Black Friday in the past few years, will almost certainly see even bigger sales growth for the 2020 event.
During the last few years, deep Black Friday discounts have also expanded beyond the Friday after Thanksgiving. They have started online sometimes as much as a week in advance. Now, many retailers have stated they plan to offer Black Friday-style discounts throughout the month of November.
Best early Black Friday deals:
Editor’s note: Black Friday 2020 is still a few weeks away, so we’ll update this list as new deals kick off.
Best Buy Black Friday deals
You could probably say Best Buy was the first to launch its early Black Friday deals. It’s been pushing top offers from its official Black Friday ad since Prime Day, and that means savings across the board. You can find discounts on everything from phones and video games to TVs and KitchenAid mixers. Luckily for you, it doesn’t seem like the savings will change too much between now and the big day, so you can feel free to shop early.
While the discounts may not change, the products in stock probably will. Be sure to check back often for updates.
Here are the best deals we could find:
- Get an iPhone 12 for as little as $0 per month
- WD Easystore 5TB external hard drive for $89.99 ($90 off)
- KitchenAid Pro 5 Plus stand mixer for $199.99 ($300 off)
- Amazon Echo Show 5 for $44.99 (50% off)
- Beats PowerBeats Pro for $159.99 ($90 off)
- Sony WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Headphones for $168 ($62 off)
- Sony WH-CH710N Wireless Headphones for $88 ($112 off)
- Lenovo Yoga C740 for $549.99 ($250 off)
- Samsung Class 6 Series 70-inch 4K Smart TV for $529.99 ($220 off)
- TCL 50-inch Class 4 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV for $229.99 ($120)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 2019 for $79.99 ($70 off)
- Fossil Gen 5e Smartwatch 44mm for $149 ($100 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 for $369.99 ($60 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 for $179.99 ($70 off)
Amazon Holiday Dash deals
As if Amazon hasn’t blurred the line between Prime Day and Black Friday already, it’s coming in fast with a whole month called Holiday Dash. Basically, it’s Amazon’s Deals of the Day cranked up to 11 across much of the site. You can only tap into the deals for a limited time, and they change in the blink of an eye. Check out the current deals right here.
If you’re in slightly less of a rush, Amazon is also throwing a birthday party right now. It’s not Jeff Bezos’ big day. Rather, it’s Alexa’s birthday. That’s right, Amazon is celebrating the anniversary of its AI assistant with big savings on a bevy of Echo products.
Check out the best offers and lace up your running shoes for Holiday Dash.
- Beats Solo 3 wireless headphones for $119.99 (was $199.99)
- Beats Solo Pro headphones $229.95 ($70 0ff)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones for $199 ($100 off)
- JBL Live 300 true Wireless headphones for $74.95 ($75 off)
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker II for $79 ($50 off)
- JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker for $149.95 ($200 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite for $17.99 (was $29.99)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Echo Show (2nd generation) for $149.99 (was $229.99)
- Fire TV Cube for $79.99 ($40 off)
- Amazon Echo Buds for $79.99 ($50 off)
- Echo Flex for $9.99 ($15 off)
- Kindle (Ad-supported) for $59.99 ($30 off)
- Echo Flex with smart motion sensor for $21.98 ($18 off)
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 for $1,399.99 ($199 off)
- Samsung 75-inch Class QLED Q70T Series Smart TV for $1,497.99 ($702 off)
- Fire HD 10 Tablet 64GB for $119.99 ($70 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) for $339 ($61 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (44mm) for $199.99 ($69 off)
Dell and Alienware deals
While Dell can’t keep up with the other retailers in terms of scale, it’s kicking off the holiday season with discounts on some of its best. Whether you’re hunting for a flagship XPS laptop or you want to send your skills to space with Alienware, Dell has offers on all of them. You’re not just limited to laptops either — both XPS and Alienware desktops are included in the mix.
See also: The best Alienware laptops you can buy
Some of the best discounts offer up to 45% off, so don’t let a new computer pass you by.
- Alienware M15 R2 for $2,199.99 ($1,380 off)
- Dell XPS 13 Touch for $1,299.99 ($400 off)
- Alienware Aurora R9 desktop for $849.99 ($380 off)
- Dell G5 15 gaming laptop for $699.99 ($210 off)
- Dell XPS Special Edition desktop for $1,399.99 ($430 off)
Walmart Black Friday deals
Walmart has announced plans for three major deal events ahead of the traditional Black Friday time period. The company is calling it Black Friday Deals for Days. All the events will begin online at Walmart.com, and will be available in the retailer stores a few days later.
Here’s the current schedule of Walmart’s sales events for its month-long Black Friday event
- First event: Online November 4 at 7 p.m. ET, with more deals going online November 7 at 12 a.m. ET, and 5 a.m. in stores, local time
- Second event: Online November 11 at 7 p.m. ET, with more deals going online November 14 at 12 a.m. ET, and 5 a.m. in stores, local time
- Third event: Online November 25 at 7 p.m. ET, with more deals going online November 27 at 12 a.m. ET, and 5 a.m. in stores, local time
That means the first event has now started. Here are some of the best deals available:
- Vizio 50-inch Class 4K UHD LED Quantum Smart TV for $298 ($52 off)
- Sony 55″ Class 4K UHD LED Android Smart TV for $598 ($402 off)
- Samsung 65-inch Class 4K Crystal UHD LED Smart TV for $477.98 ($72 off)
- Samsung 75-inch Class 4K Crystal UHD LED Smart TV for $747.98 ($252 off)
- Samsung 85-inch Class 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart QLED TV for $3,497.99 ($1,802)
- LG 55-inch Class 4K UHD 2160P NanoCell Smart TV for $496.99 ($200 off)
- Beats Solo Pro Headphones for $229.95 ($70 off)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones II for $199 ($150 off)
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case for $99 ($30 off)
- JLab Audio Studio ANC On-Ear Wireless Headphones for $30 ($29 off)
- JBL Live 650BT On-Ear Wireless Headphones for $129.95 ($110 off)
- JBL Xtreme Portable Wireless Speaker for $149.99 ($150 off)
- TCL Alto 7+ 2.1 Channel Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer for $128.99 ($71 off)
- JBL Bar 2.1 Powered Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer for $199.99 ($100 off)
- Eufy RoboVac 25C Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum for $99 ($151 off)
- X Rocker Veleno 2.1 Wired Pedestal Gaming Chair for $124.30 ($50 off)
- Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant for $39 ($41 off)
- Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop for $949 ($350 off)
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14-inch FHD laptop for $329 (270 off)
- Lenovo Chromebook S330 for $199 ($100 off)
- Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar for $1,764.95 ($353 off)
- Linksys AC2600 Dual-Band Gigabit Router for $79 ($70 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch 128GB Tablet for $199 ($130 off)
- Apple Watch Series 3 for $179 ($20 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch for $189 ($90 off)
- Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch for $176.95 ($35 off)
- Google Nest Mini (2nd generation) for $29 ($20 off)
- GoPro Hero 5 with 35-in-1 GoPro Action Camera Accessories Kit for $159.89 ($70 off)
Other major retailers like Costco, Sam’s Club, Kohl’s, Home Depot, Lowes, GameStop, and many more are expected to launch pre-Black Friday deals much earlier than normal as well. Stay tuned for those.
Target Black Friday Now deals
Target didn’t exactly start Black Friday during Prime Day, though it did roll out a Deal Days promotion to cash in on Amazon’s action. Now, the Bullseye brand is back for what it’s calling “Black Friday Now.” As the name suggests, it’s a series of Black Friday-esque deals that start right now. However, each set of offers is only slated to last about a week so you’ll want to check back early and often for your best savings. According to Target’s preview, weeks one, three, and four — November 1-7, 15-21, and 22-28 — will offer the best savings on electronics, so plan carefully.
Here are the best early preview deals to get you started:
- LG NanoCell 81 Series 55-inch 4K Smart TV for $499.99 ($200 off)
- LG 43-inch Class 4K UHD Smart LED HDR TV for $249.99 ($100 off)
- LG 60-inch Class 4K UHD Smart LED HDR TV for $399.99 ($100 off)
- Sony 65-inch 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Android TV for $629.99 ($170 off)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones for $199.99 ($100 off)
- Bose Solo 5 soundbar for $149.99 ($50 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube for $79.99 ($50 off)
- Beats PowerBeats Pro for $199.99 ($50 off)
- Beats Studio 3 Headphones for $174.99 ($175 off)
- Beats Solo Pro Headphones for $229.99 ($70 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus for $119.99 ($30 off)
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Live for $139.99 ($30 off)
- Bose SoundLink Color II wireless speaker for $79.99 ($50 off)
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 for $139.99 ($60 off)
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd generation) for $18.99 ($21 off)
- Amazon Echo Show 5 for $44.99 ($45 off)
What can you expect to be discounted during the event?
If you bought products during Amazon’s Prime Day event in October (along with other retailers during the same time period) at big discounts, you can likely expect to see the same during the Black Friday sales events. That includes huge price cuts on things like TVs, audio products, tablets, laptops, streaming video devices, smartphones and much more. Smart home products will likely be selling at discount prices this year as well, as more people work or go to school from home.
Because Black Friday is the start of the traditional holiday shopping season, you can expect a bigger emphasis on toy discounts for the kids. Also, video games and game consoles will likely get big discounts as well. This year will be more interesting as both Microsoft and Sony are launching new game consoles during the month of November (the Xbox Series X and S and the Playstation 5, respectively). While we don’t expect to see those consoles to get discounts during Black Friday, retailers might bundle them with some free games. We also expect to see big discounts on current generation consoles and games as well.
Finally, we might expect to see some streaming services to offer discounts, or special trial offers, during the event.
What if something I buy before Black Friday goes down in price later in November?
Many retailers are already offering ways to give customers some price guarantees. For example, Best Buy is letting customers know they really need to sign up for the retailer’s My Best Buy reward service. If members buy a product on sale, and if that product’s price goes down before November 28, they will get back the difference in price.
Also, Target is offering a Price Match Guarantee from November 1 through December 24. If you take advantage of a Black Friday deal during that time and the price goes down on Target’s website, the retailer will give you back the difference.
In general, you should check if the retailer you are buying a Black Friday-labeled deal with will offer a price guarantee if that product’s price goes down.