Destiny 2’s Cloudstrike sniper rifle certainly packs a punch, and here’s everything you need to know to get your hands on it.
The Deep Stone Crypt has unlocked new content for Beyond Light. This includes new exotic weapons such as The Cloudstrike sniper rifle. Here’s how you can get your hands on this powerful weapon.
The Beyond Light expansion for Destiny 2 is filled to the brim with new content. When you land on Europa, you will find new kinds of enemies, environments, and items, including some exotic gear you can find on Jupiter’s icy moon.
Cloudstrike is a unique and powerful exotic sniper rifle that became available after the completion of the recent Deep Stone Crypt raid. If you’re the type of player who prefers to camp and pick off his foes from long range, then you’ll want to swing for this gun. Here is everything you need to know about the Cloudstrike sniper.
Cloudstrike exotic sniper perks
Many sniper rifles are no longer available in Beyond Light following the completion of the raid. The Cloudstrike is one of the few left and it has 5 unique perks:
- Fluted Barrel: Boost to handling speed and stability
- Alloy Magazine: Weapon reloads faster when the magazine runs out
- Hand-Laid Stock: Improved stability
- Stormbringer: Formation of a lightning storm after multiple-precision hits
- Mortal Polarity: Lightning forms from precision hits and final blows
The Cloudstrike does bonus lightning damage to enemies hit by rapid precision hits, especially those with a lot of health. This makes the weapon ideal when battling raid bosses.
How to acquire Cloudstrike in Destiny 2
Here’s how Guardians can acquire the Cloudstrike exotic sniper rifle:
- Talk with the Exo Stranger to start the “A Hard Rain Falls” quest
- Kill foes, complete public events, and patrols in the week’s Eclipsed zone until you reach 1000 points. This week it’s in Eventide Ruins.
- Tell the Exo Stranger about your success to complete the quest and he will give you the High Albedo.
- Unlock both the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Europan Explorer nodes 1 in Variks the Loyal’s Sabotage menu by completing their assigned objectives
- Farm the new Empire Hunts playlist and you will be rewarded with The Cloudstrike sniper rifle
If you want to get the weapon faster then attempt the last step with the Adept difficulty setting. The weapon is extremely valuable because of how much damage you can deal with its precision hits and rolls. Whether you’re facing raid bosses or other players, the Cloudstrike exotic sniper rifle is a must-have.