Whether it’s someone you know, someone you don’t, or someone you’d like to forget, unwanted text messages can be a drag. Follow along for how to block texts on iPhone.
Just like with email, it can be easy to get in the habit of deleting text messages from unwanted senders instead of
unsubscribing blocking them. However, it doesn’t take more than a few seconds and can save you from headaches and wasted time.
How to block iMessage and text messages on iPhone
- Tap on a message from a number you’d like to block
- Tap the in the top right corner
- Tap the arrow to the right of the phone number
- Tap Block this Caller at the bottom
- How to copy and paste on your iPad or iPhone, and from one device to the other
- How to back up your iPhone or iPad
- How to Use Incognito Mode in Google Chrome
How to manage blocked numbers
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Messages
- Swipe down and tap on Blocked
- Tap Edit in the top right corner and remove any numbers you’d like to unblock
Note that once you block texts from a certain number, it will also block regular calls and FaceTime calls too.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles: