While iOS offers the ability to customize location services settings for individual apps, sometimes you might want to flip the switch for all apps. Follow along for how to turn GPS and location services off or on for iPhone and iPad.
- Did You Know That Trojan Could Steal Money From Your Phone?
- Why using Google Maps every time you go somewhere has a big downside
- Facebook Avatar: What are Avatar and the steps to create
- How to Sync More Emails in Exchange Accounts for iPhone
Whether you’d like to turn location services off across the board for privacy, data use, or another reason, keep in mind that some apps might night function normally or at all. Of course, you can turn it back on whenever you need to.
You’ll get a notification when launching an app that requires GPS asking if you’d like to turn location services back on. For more details on customizing your location services settings without turning it completely off.
iPhone & iPad: How to turn off or on location services and GPS
- Open Settings, swipe down and tap on Privacy
- At the top, tap Location Services
- Tap the toggle next to Location Services
- Tap Turn Off to turn of location services for all apps
If you already had location services toggled off, tap it to turn it back on all for apps. Here’s how the process looks:
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles: