Firmware update 9.0 to the rescue!
What you need to know
- With the release of recent DLC, many Fire Emblem: Three Houses gamers reported that their game was no longer starting.
- While it affected many, not everyone who downloaded the DLC experienced this issue.
- Nintendo recently released a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch that fixed this Fire Emblem bug.
When the Wave 2 perks from the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass released earlier this month, many players were surprised to find that downloading the content made it so they could no longer start their game. This didn’t affect all players, but it was incredibly frustrating for those who experienced it. Nintendo quickly responded to the issue by releasing firmware update 9.0, which fixed the bug.
In addition to the Fire Emblem bug, a few other updates were also included in the firmware. You’ll find the official patch notes below:
Ver. 9.0.0 (Released September 9, 2019)
Added the following system functionality:
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.
We’re happy this Fire Emblem issue was resolved so quickly. This is one of those games that gives you hundreds of hours of entertainment and tons of replay value. I myself have put well over 90 hours into this game so far. For a gamer to lose access to all they’ve done is truly terrible. Thank goodness for this modern gaming world we live in where issues like this can be fixed online.
Choose your house
Align with a house and fight
This strategic RPG has a steep learning curve, but the excellent combat mechanics, the ability to make your own decisions, and the unique characters all work together to make an engaging plot with plenty of replay value.