The most anticipated Exynos solution for 2022 is the Exynos 2200. It’s expected to boast AMD graphics, and it will be the first Exynos chipset to do so. Performance looks promising in early benchmarks and reports, and of course, Samsung hopes that the Exynos 2200 will prove its worth against Qualcomm’s own upcoming high-end chipset — the Snapdragon 895.
More to the matter at hand, the company wants a lot more Galaxy smartphones that are planned for release in 2022 to adopt Exynos SoCs.
Exynos adoption rate to double/triple among Galaxy devices
Roughly 20% of all Galaxy smartphones are equipped with Exynos chipsets. The other 80% are powered by other chipmakers, including Qualcomm and Mediatek. Samsung wants to change this next year, and we’ve already heard that the upcoming Galaxy A53 and A73 could feature new Exynos chipsets.
Regardless of these two iconic mid-range lineups, Samsung will want to increase the adoption rate of Exynos chipsets among Galaxy smartphones from 20% to 50-60%, says a new report passed along by ET News.
Essentially, this means a lot more Galaxy smartphones planned for release in 2022 could be powered by Exynos chipsets. And with AMD now being a Samsung partner in chip development, this transition could work very well in the favor of customers. Then again, we don’t know exactly how these new-gen Exynos chipsets will perform, so time will tell if a higher adoption rate will be favorable.
At the same time, Samsung reportedly aims to increase its Galaxy smartphone shipments by roughly 50-60 million next year and reach around 320 million shipments. It remains to be seen if this will be possible given the global semiconductor shortage.
Join SamMobile’s Telegram group and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get instant news updates and in-depth reviews of Samsung devices. You can also subscribe to get updates from us on Google News.
The post Samsung wants half of Galaxy phones planned for 2022 to use Exynos appeared first on SamMobile.