Yeah, it was all about Amazon Prime Day. And other stuff.
Doesn’t matter, really — because billions and billions of people (OK, probably more like millions) did take advantage of Prime day.
And it should be no surprise that the Amazon Fire TV Stick led the way, followed by Fire TV 4K pendant. Personally I’d stay away from the underpowered sticks, but it’s hard to argue with a $39 streaming device.
The 50-inch Toshiba Fire TV Edition came in fifth — again, not a huge surprise given the price.
No Fire TV Cube in the Top 10? That’s not overly surprising, either, given how new it is. (And that it’s the most expensive, even on Prime Day.) If you’re still deciding whether to pick one up, check out our video review:
So, yeah. Maybe Prime Day was a little ridiculous. (Or ridiculously awesome!) But there’s no doubt about it — streaming led the way.
Here’s what else you missed this week at CordCutters.com:
- A reader asked for a chart showing which streaming services are available on which devices — so we delivered!
- We’re still kind of wrapping our collective head around these new wireless speakers that only work with Roku boxes.
- Android TV’s “Live TV” app is a great thing you’re probably not even using.
- The Sinclair/Tribune deal might not go through? We’re hopeful, but not holding our breath.
- We put Roku Ultra up against Apple TV 4K. It ended about how you’d expect.
- Netflix’s TV interface is getting a pretty big overhaul. And it’s very cool.
- Speaking of Netflix — it’s bringing The Boss in December! (Which will be here before you know it.)
- The new season of Doctor Who is breaking all the rules — and it’s going to be awesome.
- The hardware you need
- All about streaming services
- What channels are on which service
- FREE over-the-air TV
- How to watch sports
- Join the discussion
Get the latest deals